**The Scholarship Application window has now closed.
CGT4HIVCure2014 is offering up to (25) scholarships for conference registration ($450 per person maximum) and up to (25) travel awards (up to $500 per person maximum) to post-doctoral fellows and Graduate Students. Scholarships and travel awards are to be used to help defray the expenses associated exclusively with conference attendance including: registration, air (restrictions may apply based on funding source), ground transportation, and lodging costs.
Non-conference attendance-related expenses or alcohol are not covered by these funds. Original receipts will be required to receive reimbursement.
If you are applying for a scholarship, please refrain from registering for this conference until the awards are announced (by June 13, 2014). When you apply for a scholarship, you will be added to the registration list as ‘tentative’ until further notification of next steps.
To be eligible for a scholarship and/or travel award, you must be:
A graduate student or post-doctoral fellow currently enrolled in an academic program.
If you are eligible and wish to be considered for a scholarship and/or travel award, all of the following must be received by
May 30, 2014, 5 pm PST: The Scholarship Application window has now closed.
- Verify full name, phone, email, academic institutional mailing address
- Your educational status: Postdoc or Graduate student
- Abstract for poster/oral presentation considerations at the conference
- Have your mentor submit a letter of recommendation via the Mentor Webform below to verify your status as a graduate student or post-doc (Mentors can recommend no more than 2 candidates.)
Application Checklist (
due May 30, 2014 The Scholarship Application window has now closed.)
- Complete the Scholarship Webform
- Review Abstract preparation guidelines
- Submit Abstract on the Abstract Webform
- Mentor submit Letter of Recommendation via Mentor Webform
Scholarship and travel award recipients will be selected based on the scientific quality of the abstract, the relevance of the abstract to the conference topic, and on the recommendation provided by their mentor.
Recipients are expected to attend the full 2-day conference. At the close of the conference, recipients must also complete a conference evaluation. Only one application per abstract is accepted. Up to two awards per lab will be allocated.
Scholarship and/or travel award recipients will be notified of their selection via e-mail by June 13, 2014.
Please email: info@CGT4HIVCure.org
Updated July 18, 2014